Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Q & A Part 2: The gifts edition

Hello again!

Question two (and guys, normally I might think it's a bit tacky to address this subject but hey, we have been asked enough to make it legit not gauche!)

Q: Where are you guys registered/registering for shower and wedding gifts?
A-1: I'm not having a shower so no need to worry about that part of it. (but thanks for asking though!) before anyone feels shocked about this or (worse) tries to throw me a surprise shower I feel I should give the warning that showers are really not my jam. One of the quality things about being a middle aged woman is that I know my likes and dislikes an showers of any kind (wedding, rain, snow) are NOT in my "likes" category (Thank goodness she likes the kind with soap!! -Eric) (wait, I do?? -Sara)


A-2: As far as wedding gifts go clearly, we would be touched and thrilled to get anything! (although not dogs- as you will see below!)
 We are not going to register in a traditional manner at Bed Bath & Beyond (or similar) because when we combined our households we found that we had duplicates of many things. Like dogs, toasters and random serving platters that we are sure to never use.... (please don't get us dogs! haha!)
We have realized that once we are done paying for the wedding we certainly won't have any money left over for a honeymoon, not even a tiny one in a tent in the yard. Eric and I enjoy traveling, we like to see the world (or.... the United States...) and we really enjoy having adventures together!
So..... Our plan is to start a honeymoon registry which people can donate millions and millions of dollars to if they would like! (millions. not tens. since I'm asking for money I'm going to do so in a go-big-or-go-home manner dammit!)
This is a work in progress and I will update a link to the mega-millions fund raising honeymoon website as soon as we get it up an running.

*and for those wondering, it is unlikely that our honeymoon will not include some sort of athletic pastime*

No comments:

Post a Comment